Sunday Service for August 2nd, 2020
To give our Worship and Tech team a well deserved break, we will be using a worship service provided by the New England Synod.
We will return next week, August 9th.
Blessings and peace to you all,
See “News” section below for links to services available on YouTube.
Please refer to our calendar and Facebook page for news on other events held and/or hosted by St. Paul Lutheran Church.
About St. Paul Lutheran Church of Cape Ann in the Lanesville portion of Gloucester
We seek to be faithful disciples, to follow Jesus’ command to love God, and love our neighbor. We love the prophet Micah’s words:
“He has told you,
O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
We’ve been here on Cape Ann for over a hundred years: a loving, sturdy, sustainable, community church, in one of the most beautiful parts of New England. We serve the towns of Cape Ann and beyond.
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 AM., Join us virtually for services by using this Mircosoft Teams link . A recording of the service is posted to our Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/lutherancapeann/
Office Hours are usually Tuesdays – Fridays 12:00 – 4:00. Due to the current coronavirus environment, the physical office is closed but we are working remotely. Please send an email to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office at 978-283-6550 if you need assistance. Anne Wheeler will respond to you as soon as possible.
Please refer to the calendar under Church Activities above to see the events being held online for St. Paul.
A message from our Church Council: St Paul is a community that strives to follow Jesus’ example of unconditional inclusion. We ask for your suggestions, support and prayers while we move as a congregation, as Lutherans, as Christians, as beloved neighbors and as global communities toward this goal. As custodians of a house of God, we welcome all persons: all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and faiths; including non-believers and persons curious about faith.
- SERVICES FOR SUNDAY, JULY 26TH, 2020 - Click HERE for the recording of the service for Sunday,, July 26th, 2020 Click HERE for the bulletin for Sunday, July 26th, 2020
- SERVICE FOR SUNDAY, JULY 19TH, 2020 - Click HERE to view the service held virtually on Sunday, July 19th, 2020. Click HERE for the bulletin.
- SERVICE FROM SUNDAY, JULY 12TH, 2020 - All, See below for the links to the Sunday service held on July 12th. For YouTube, click HERE. For Facebook, click HERE.
CLICK HERE for more News
From the Pastor’s desk
- Guest Preacher: Seminarian Abby Johnson - Our Seminarian, Abby Johnson blessed us with her preaching on Sunday, June 14th. The link for her sermon is HERE . Abby has been home for several weeks, finishing her final academic term of seminary. She begins her internship with St. Paul Lutheran in Arlington, in late August. She and her mother, Martha Johnson, have …
- Trinity Sunday Sermon And Black Lives Matter from The Presiding Bishop - Dear Friends, The events of the last two weeks have convulsed our country, from the murder of George Floyd by police, to the ongoing protests in large and small cities and towns, villages and neighborhoods in every 50 states. I have lived through many crises in our nation, and I came of age in the …
- Good Friday Reflections from the Congregation - These reflections on Jesus’ Seven Last Word were published in the bulletin for Good Friday. We thank all the writers from our congregation who shared them: First Word: Paul Wasserman; Second Word: The Rev. Printice Roberts-Toler; Third Word: Christopher Truitt; Fourth Word: Crystal Rowe; Fifth Word: Robin Carlo; Sixth Word: Mary Meader; Seventh Word: The …
CLICK HERE for more from the Pastor’s Blog