Until further notice, Sunday School and all Worship services will be held on Facebook Live at their usual times; 9:15 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. respectively. Click here to be brought to St. Paul Facebook page. Also, consider signing up for our FYI Newsletter to receive updates. Click here.
Please refer to our calendar and Facebook page for news on other events held by St. Paul Lutheran Church.
About St. Paul Lutheran Church of Cape Ann in the Lanesville portion of Gloucester
We seek to be faithful disciples, to follow Jesus’ command to love God, and love our neighbor. We love the prophet Micah’s words:
“He has told you,
O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
We’ve been here on Cape Ann for over a hundred years: a loving, sturdy, sustainable, community church, in one of the most beautiful parts of New England. We serve the towns of Cape Ann and beyond.
Normally, Sunday Services begin at 10:00 AM., except during summer (July and August), when services begin at 9:00 a.m. Currently, services are available through our Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/lutherancapeann/
Office Hours are usually Tuesdays – Fridays 12:00 – 4:00. Due to the current coronavirus environment, the physical office is closed but we are working remotely. Please send an email to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office at 978-283-6550 if you need assistance. Anne Wheeler will respond to you as soon as possible.
Please refer to the calendar under Church Activities above to see the events being held online for St. Paul.
A message from our Church Council: St Paul is a community that strives to follow Jesus’ example of unconditional inclusion. We ask for your suggestions, support and prayers while we move as a congregation, as Lutherans, as Christians, as beloved neighbors and as global communities toward this goal. As custodians of a house of God, we welcome all persons: all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and faiths; including non-believers and persons curious about faith.
- Weekly Spiritual Practices – May, 2020 -
- Happy Easter - Tomorrow’s Service is available on our Facebook Page, Facebook Live, at 10:00 a.m. Please also check our Sunday School Facebook page for special home and family related Easter activities. Please also check our Sunday School page here on the website.
- Day 28 of Lent, April 1, 2020 - Today’s Morning Prayer is available on our St. Paul Cape Ann Facebook page. Bible Study is schedule for noon today. Please write to us at email@example.com or to Pastor Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the link to join the bible study. We are reading Isaiah, and will start today with chapter 62. If …
CLICK HERE for more News
From the Pastor’s desk
- Good Friday Reflections from the Congregation - These reflections on Jesus’ Seven Last Word were published in the bulletin for Good Friday. We thank all the writers from our congregation who shared them: First Word: Paul Wasserman; Second Word: The Rev. Printice Roberts-Toler; Third Word: Christopher Truitt; Fourth Word: Crystal Rowe; Fifth Word: Robin Carlo; Sixth Word: Mary Meader; Seventh Word: The …
- Covid-19 Updates and reflections - Greetings all, This week in my telephone calls, virtual conversations and emails, I’m hearing many feelings arise as we realize the extent of the pandemic and the length of time we may be practicing social distance and self-isolation. This has put us in a new place as church, but we are still church. Since I …
- March 19th, 2020–SPRING!!!! - This is what is going out today in our church newsletter, St. Paul FYI. I wanted to share it here as well. Dear Beloved Friends, Today is the first day of Spring! I’m grateful for it. In the midst of all the overload of information, our complete change of life, our fears and worries about …
CLICK HERE for more from the Pastor’s Blog