We invite you to come and see what is happening here. We seek to be faithful disciples, to follow Jesus’ command to love God, and love our neighbor. We love the prophet Micah’s words:
“He has told you,
O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
We’ve been here on Cape Ann for over a hundred years: a loving, sturdy, sustainable, community church, in one of the most beautiful parts of New England. We serve the towns of Cape Ann and beyond.
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 AM., except during summer (July and August), when services begin at 9:00 a.m. Join us for coffee and refreshments after the service. Office Hours are Tues.-Thurs. 10:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. If you have any questions, you may email us: email@example.com, or call: 978-283-6550.
A message from our Church Council: St Paul is a community that strives to follow Jesus’ example of unconditional inclusion. We ask for your suggestions, support and prayers while we move as a congregation, as Lutherans, as Christians, as beloved neighbors and as global communities toward this goal. As custodians of a house of God, we welcome all persons: all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and faiths; including non-believers and persons curious about faith.
- Advent and Christmas Services- WINTERSONG: A CELTIC ADVENT MEDITATION on Wednesday, December 19th, 7:30 p.m. with folk singer Michael O’Leary and harpist Carol McIntyre. This is a lovely, reflective time of music and prayer, with readings for the season. Please join us. Freewill donation. ALL CHURCH CHRISTMAS PAGEANT, Dec. 23rd at the 10:00 a.m. worship service. Led by the …
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service- There will be an interfaith Thanksgiving service on November 19th, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., hosted by the First Baptist Church, in Gloucester. Interfaith clergy from Cape Ann and members of our various congregations will lead the worship. Music is by John Hicks. Please join us for this time of prayer and song.
- RALLY DAY!!! SEPTEMBER 16, 9:00 a.m. Sunday School Resumes!- September 16th is Rally Day, 9:00 a.m. begins our annual registration and kick-off morning for the Sunday School. We have a terrific team of teachers ready to welcome children to classes, fun, and fellowship this year. We offer classes from lower primary to upper primary, with a confirmation/youth class for middle school.
CLICK HERE for more News
From the Pastor’s desk
- Advent Underway!–Welcoming the Stranger- This Advent our worship team decided to focus on the theme of “welcoming the stranger.” It’s a subject that has been close to our hearts, especially this time of year. We are concerned for the migrants and refugees in need of care, as they arrive in their new countries, especially here on our southern border. …
- Here I Am–#YouthGathering2018–Cynthia Carney’s Wonderful Sermon- Dear Friends, our Stewardship theme this year is Here I Am–Send Me! Each week we’ve been talking about different ways we show up for God, our neighbors, near and far, and the ways we have changed when we have shown up. On the link below is a sermon by one of our ELCA Youth Gathering …
- Prayers for Tree of Life Synagogue- Dear Friends, No doubt you are as dismayed and broken-hearted as I am about the recent shooting in Pittsburgh, on Shabbat in the Tree of Life of Synagogue. We have learned that 11 persons have died. These losses are unspeakably tragic. I ask your prayers for the victims’ families, those who were wounded, and for …
CLICK HERE for more from the Pastor’s Blog