Until at least the end of March, Sunday School and Worship will be held on Facebook Live at their usual times; 9:15 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. respectively. Click here to be brought to St. Paul Facebook page. See the Covid-19 Updates below. Also, consider signing up for our FYI Newsletter. Click here.
We seek to be faithful disciples, to follow Jesus’ command to love God, and love our neighbor. We love the prophet Micah’s words:
“He has told you,
O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
We’ve been here on Cape Ann for over a hundred years: a loving, sturdy, sustainable, community church, in one of the most beautiful parts of New England. We serve the towns of Cape Ann and beyond.
Normally, Sunday Services begin at 10:00 AM., except during summer (July and August), when services begin at 9:00 a.m. Join us for coffee and refreshments after the service.
Office Hours are Tuesdays – Fridays 12:00 – 4:00 barring any unforeseen circumstances. Please call or email the office to confirm the parish administrator is in or to make an appointment. If you have any questions, you may email us at email@example.com, or call 978-283-6550.
Please refer to the calendar under Church Activities above to see the events held at our church.
A message from our Church Council: St Paul is a community that strives to follow Jesus’ example of unconditional inclusion. We ask for your suggestions, support and prayers while we move as a congregation, as Lutherans, as Christians, as beloved neighbors and as global communities toward this goal. As custodians of a house of God, we welcome all persons: all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and faiths; including non-believers and persons curious about faith.
- Day 28 of Lent, April 1, 2020 - Today’s Morning Prayer is available on our St. Paul Cape Ann Facebook page. Bible Study is schedule for noon today. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Pastor Anne at email@example.com if you would like the link to join the bible study. We are reading Isaiah, and will start today with chapter 62. If …
- ST. PAUL COVID-19 UPDATE - Dear Friends, As you know from yesterday’s FYI, we have been considering the best ways we can be church in this time of pandemic. We wanted to respond thoughtfully and prayerfully, in a spirit of peace, not of panic. Early this week, after the Council meeting, we formed a small preparedness team to advise the …
- Ash Wednesday Services - Ash Wednesday services at St. Paul Lutheran Church are at 12:00 and 7:00 PM. All are welcome.
CLICK HERE for more News
From the Pastor’s desk
- Covid-19 Updates and reflections - Greetings all, This week in my telephone calls, virtual conversations and emails, I’m hearing many feelings arise as we realize the extent of the pandemic and the length of time we may be practicing social distance and self-isolation. This has put us in a new place as church, but we are still church. Since I …
- March 19th, 2020–SPRING!!!! - This is what is going out today in our church newsletter, St. Paul FYI. I wanted to share it here as well. Dear Beloved Friends, Today is the first day of Spring! I’m grateful for it. In the midst of all the overload of information, our complete change of life, our fears and worries about …
- ST. PAUL COVID-19 UPDATE - Dear Friends, As you know from yesterday’s St. Paul FYI email communication, we have been considering the best ways we can be church in this time of pandemic. We wanted to respond thoughtfully and prayerfully, in a spirit of peace, not of panic. Early this week, after the Council meeting, we formed a small preparedness …
CLICK HERE for more from the Pastor’s Blog