A message from our Church Council:
St. Paul is a community that strives to follow Jesus’ example of unconditional inclusion. We ask for your suggestions, support and prayers while we move as a congregation, as Lutherans, as Christians, as beloved neighbors and as global communities toward this goal. As custodians of a house of God, we welcome all persons: all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and faiths; including non-believers and persons curious about faith.
Click HERE to sign up for our FYI newsletter.
Please join us! All are welcomed.
St. Paul Lutheran Church holds in-person services every Sunday at 10:00. (Time is subject to change during the summer.)
We use Zoom to broadcast the service. Please sign up for our FYI newsletter to learn more.
About St. Paul Lutheran Church of Cape Ann in the Lanesville portion of Gloucester.
We seek to be faithful disciples, to follow Jesus’ command to love God, and love our neighbor. We love the prophet Micah’s words:
“He has told you,
O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
We’ve been here on Cape Ann for over a hundred years: a loving, sturdy, sustainable, community church, in one of the most beautiful parts of New England. We serve the towns of Cape Ann and beyond.
Office Hours are Mondays from 12:30 – 2:30 and Wednesday from 12:30 – 2:30. Please send an email to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office at 978-283-6550 if you need assistance.
Please refer to the calendar under Church Activities above to see the events being held at St. Paul Lutheran Church and/or virtually.
- SUNDAY SERVICE – November 28, 2021 - Click HERE to view the recording of today’s Sunday Service – the First Sunday of Advent. Click HERE to view the bulletin for today’s service. Join us for in-person worship as we celebrate the reason for the season, the birth of our Lord.
- SUNDAY SERVICE – November 21, 2021 - Another great Sunday. Click HERE to view the service held today at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Click HERE to see the bulletin for today’s service. Up coming events: Wreath making on Thursday, December 2, 2021. Nisu making on Friday, December 3, 2021. Christmas Fair on Saturday, December 4, 2021.
- SUNDAY SERVICE – November 14, 2021 - Click HERE to view the service for November 14, 2021. Click HERE for the bulletin for the Sunday Service.
CLICK HERE for more News
From the Pastor’s desk
- Guest Preacher: Seminarian Abby Johnson - Our Seminarian, Abby Johnson blessed us with her preaching on Sunday, June 14th. The link for her sermon is HERE . Abby has been home for several weeks, finishing her final academic term of seminary. She begins her internship with St. Paul Lutheran in Arlington, in late August. She and her mother, Martha Johnson, have …
- Trinity Sunday Sermon And Black Lives Matter from The Presiding Bishop - Dear Friends, The events of the last two weeks have convulsed our country, from the murder of George Floyd by police, to the ongoing protests in large and small cities and towns, villages and neighborhoods in every 50 states. I have lived through many crises in our nation, and I came of age in the …
- Good Friday Reflections from the Congregation - These reflections on Jesus’ Seven Last Word were published in the bulletin for Good Friday. We thank all the writers from our congregation who shared them: First Word: Paul Wasserman; Second Word: The Rev. Printice Roberts-Toler; Third Word: Christopher Truitt; Fourth Word: Crystal Rowe; Fifth Word: Robin Carlo; Sixth Word: Mary Meader; Seventh Word: The …
CLICK HERE for more from the Pastor’s Blog