A message from our Church Council:
St Paul is a community that strives to follow Jesus’ example of unconditional inclusion. We ask for your suggestions, support and prayers while we move as a congregation, as Lutherans, as Christians, as beloved neighbors and as global communities toward this goal. As custodians of a house of God, we welcome all persons: all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and faiths; including non-believers and persons curious about faith.
A SPECIAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING TO BE HELD AFTER SERVICES ON MAY 16TH, 2021 IN PERSON FOR THOSE IN ATTENDANCE AND ON ZOOM.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR SERVICES IN PERSON? Send an email to email@example.com stating the date you woud like to attend and the total number of people in your party.
Click HERE to sign up for our FYI newsletter.
St. Paul Lutheran Church hosts a service every Sunday on Zoom. Please join us! All are welcomed. See details below.
Topic: Virtual Sunday Service
Time: 09:30 AM Eastern Time – Prelude starts at 9:50 AM
Join Zoom Meeting – Clink on below link details
Meeting ID: 939 7651 8376
Don’t have a computer? You can still join the service. See call in details below and share with others who may not have a computer.
Dial in: +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 939 7651 8376#
About St. Paul Lutheran Church of Cape Ann in the Lanesville portion of Gloucester
We seek to be faithful disciples, to follow Jesus’ command to love God, and love our neighbor. We love the prophet Micah’s words:
“He has told you,
O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
We’ve been here on Cape Ann for over a hundred years: a loving, sturdy, sustainable, community church, in one of the most beautiful parts of New England. We serve the towns of Cape Ann and beyond.
Sunday Services begin at 10:00 AM., prelude starts at 9:50 AM. Join us virtually for services by using this Zoom link . A recording of each service is posted in the News section below and to our Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/lutherancapeann/
Office Hours are usually Monday from 12:30 – 3:00 and Wednesday from 12:30 – 2:30. Please send an email to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office at 978-283-6550 if you need assistance. Anne Wheeler will respond to you as soon as possible.
Please refer to the calendar under Church Activities above to see the events being held online for St. Paul.
- SUNDAY SERVICE – MAY 9TH, 2021 - Click HERE for the recording of today’s Sunday service. Click HERE for the bulletin for today’s service. Click HERE to make a contribution to St. Paul Lutheran Church.
- SUNDAY SERVICE – MAY 2ND, 2021 - Click HERE for the recording of today’s service. Click HERE for the bulletin for today’s service. Click HERE for Pastor Luther Zeigler’s sermon.
- SUNDAY SERVICE – APRIL 18, 2021 - Click HERE for the recording of today’s service. Click HERE for the bulletin for today’s service.
CLICK HERE for more News
From the Pastor’s desk
- Guest Preacher: Seminarian Abby Johnson - Our Seminarian, Abby Johnson blessed us with her preaching on Sunday, June 14th. The link for her sermon is HERE . Abby has been home for several weeks, finishing her final academic term of seminary. She begins her internship with St. Paul Lutheran in Arlington, in late August. She and her mother, Martha Johnson, have …
- Trinity Sunday Sermon And Black Lives Matter from The Presiding Bishop - Dear Friends, The events of the last two weeks have convulsed our country, from the murder of George Floyd by police, to the ongoing protests in large and small cities and towns, villages and neighborhoods in every 50 states. I have lived through many crises in our nation, and I came of age in the …
- Good Friday Reflections from the Congregation - These reflections on Jesus’ Seven Last Word were published in the bulletin for Good Friday. We thank all the writers from our congregation who shared them: First Word: Paul Wasserman; Second Word: The Rev. Printice Roberts-Toler; Third Word: Christopher Truitt; Fourth Word: Crystal Rowe; Fifth Word: Robin Carlo; Sixth Word: Mary Meader; Seventh Word: The …
CLICK HERE for more from the Pastor’s Blog