St. Paul is a Lutheran Church in Lanesville, a neighborhood of Gloucester, Massachusetts. In 1893, Finnish immigrants started this church in another building. In Rockport, another group of Finnish and Scandinavian immigrants started another Lutheran church. The two churches consolidated their membership in the mid-20th century, here in this location in Lanesville. We have been and remain a strong Lutheran presence on Cape Ann, active in community life. We are part of the Northeastern Massachusetts conference of the New England Synod of the ELCA. Synod means “walking together.” For more on the New England Synod, please visit the website at www.nesynod.org.